Taylor Swift, the global pop/country star is truly America’s sweetheart who has captivated audiences for over a decade with her great voice. It’s true that many people across the world love her and any facts and information about this talented singer’s life always make them interested. So we have come up with 15 fun facts that we believe all fans of Taylor Swift will enjoy.
1. Taylor Swift’s full name is Taylor Alison Swift and was born on December 13, 1898 in Reading, Pennsylvania.
2. Over the years, Taylor’s had many nicknames, some of which are: Tay, Swifty, T-Swift, T-Swizzle and T-Sweezy.
3. At age 10, Swift was singing at a variety of local events, including contests & fairs.
4. She was taught to play guitar by a computer repairman
It’s so interesting to know that Taylor took guitar lessons from a computer repairman when she was 12 who also knew a thing or two about songwriting, and this was the first step in her musical career. Her first song was called ‘Lucky You‘.
5. Her inspiration was Shania Twain
Everyone has someone they look up to and admire, and so does Taylor! She loves Shania Twain’s music so much that she wanted to start her career as a country singer like Shania. It gave her a sense of wonder and enjoyment that she had never felt before in her life.
6. Taylor Swift is extremely talented, she can play the guitar, piano, ukulele, electric guitar and the banjo!
7. She was the youngest country artist to write a No.1 song
Taylor’s song titled “Our song” went on to hit #1 on the charts and its music video was also named “Video of the year” at the 2008 CMT Music Awards. She was just 14 years old when she wrote this song, and played it at her 9th-grade talent show.
8. She owns a private jet.
There is no longer a day of touring in a van for Taylor because she now has her own private jet to fly. This purchase is said to be influenced by actor Jake Gyllenhall, her ex-boyfriend which she made a few years after he flew her to London and back in 2010.
9. She loves Cheesecake.
Her favorite food is Cheesecake. She often turns to the delicious treat of cheesecake whenever she looks for a great snake after a long performance.
10. Taylor has dated and broken up with a lot of famous dudes.
Yes, it’s quite understandable to know this because she is so beautiful and talented that almost all men, especially famous people, fell deeply in love with her. She has dated Harry Styles, John Mayor, Jake Gyllenhaal, Conor Kennedy to name a few. Most interestingly, if the relationship doesn’t end well, she will probably write a breakup song about her boyfriend.“I Knew You Were Trouble” is reportedly written about Gyllenhall.
11. Swifty’s lucky number is 13. She has a number 13 decal on the nose of her jet and even writes 13 on her hand before every show. Someone should inform her that tattoos are a thing.
12. She is close friends with Selena Gomez.
13. In 2010, Taylor Swift became the youngest artist ever to win a Grammy Award for “Album of the Year”. She was 20.
14. In 2011, Swift was named Billboard’s Woman of the Year!
15. The AMA recently named her “Artist of the Decade”
This is quite an achievement for Taylor Swift, and it is one that means a great deal to her. It proves that she has staying power with her audience. Taylor keeps churning out hit after hit and there doesn’t appear to be anything slowing her down.